Download it here!
More and more features. We are all thankful for all development!
0.1alpha3aCorrectly loads geckoloader code from USBGecko flash
0.1alpha3Front SD slot is now supported; SDGecko slot support has been removed.
FAT16 is now supported; you should save your ELF executable on your SD card as "boot.elf".
RZDJ is now supported
Added support for Geckoloader stub: If you have a USBGecko installed and have already run the Geckoloader program to install into flash, then the Twilight Hack will try to load that stub if it does not detect an SD card.
For new users, this is what you need:
You will need:
- 1x Wii
- 1x SD card, formatted as FAT16 (There seems to be a problem with formatting an SD card as FAT 16 in OS X, try to format your card in Windows.)
- 1x copy of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess that has been run at least once
- 1x Computer
- 1x Some way to read SD cards on a computer
- (Optional) 1x or more GameCube controller
- (Optional) 1x USBGecko
Inside the zip archive, you will find several savegame files; you will need to choose the correct one based on your version of Zelda: Twilight Princess. The easiest way to check your version is to compare the text string which is on the inner cycle of the data surface with the ones below.
- RVL-RZDP-0A-0 JPN - rzdp0.bin
- RVL-RZDE-0A-0 JPN - rzde0.bin
- RVL-RZDE-0A-0 USA - rzde0.bin
- RVL-RZDE-0A-2 USA - rzde2.bin
- RVL-RZDJ-0A-0 JPN - rzdj0.bin
- If it does not already exist, make a directory called "/private/wii/title/RZDx/" on your SD card; replace "RZDx" with RZDE, RZDP or RZDJ as appropriate. Copy the above file into that directory, renaming it as "data.bin".
- Next, take your homebrew Wii executable, and save it in the root directory of your SD card as "boot.elf".
- Now, put the SD card into your Wii and turn it on. Go into Wii Options --> Data Management --> Save Data --> Wii. Find your Zelda save, click on it, and click "Erase", and click Yes. Now, go into SD card, and select the "Twilight Hack" save (the icon says "Wiibrew Loader"). Click copy, and yes. Now, go back out of that menu.
- Insert Zelda, and run the game. Load file A, and walk backwards.
What Wii homebrew applications with this hack can I use ( list )?
Wii Homebrew MP3 Player
Genesis / Megadrive Emulator (requires SD-gecko or similar)
GeckoLoader ( search this blog for links)
Atawii ( same, link in this blog)
Ballion (Destroy blocks with a ball)
EasyIOS This app is for browsing the device tree, and trying out quick IOS commands w/out doing builds.